I found a lot of interesting articles on the Internet over the past three days, which is awesome. I think they’re all worth reading. Some of them are fairly long, though, so I’ll try to keep my comments short.
- If you read one of these posts, read Patton Oswalt’s on joke stealing, heckling, and rape jokes. It’s long but well worth a read.
- From Jezebel, a reminder that ignoring anti-woman wingnuttery won’t make it go away.
- Also from Jezebel, a study that found that same sex marriage has no effect on opposite sex marriage. Honestly, anyone claiming that same sex marriage has any sort of negative effect on opposite sex marriage is *really* fishing for a way to justify bigotry.
- And one more from Jezebel for good measure: stop trying to get feminists to prove that sexism is real.
- From Slate, the oft-repeated Republican claim that rapes rarely result in pregnancy can trace its origin to Nazi experiments.
- From ThinkProgress, a discussion of the various ways athletes can become “distractions” in the locker room.
- From The 700 Level, it turns out that the paper of record just can’t stop itself from making “they booed Santa” remarks when discussing Philly sports fans. To which I say, “go screw yourself, New York Times.” Full disclosure: I haven’t read the Salon piece that is linked in the post, but I will when I want to get angry.
- In happier Philly sports news, a fantastic piece on the relationship between Domonic Brown and Wally Joyner by Dennis Deitch.
- In less happy baseball news, injured Ryan Madson wonders why HGH is completely off the table for ballplayers trying to come back from injuries. I actually read several good pieces about the issue, but this was a) the first one and b) the only one I emailed to myself 🙂 I love Madson and wish him nothing but the best and hope that he makes it back to baseball.
- That was a lot of reading, so I’ll end with this from UPROXX: a video of dogs riding in cars. It’s pretty damn cute.
Told ya it would be a long list 🙂