It is currently an hour from my birthday. I’m not really looking forward to it, though, for a variety of reasons. Although I am going to see Much Ado About Nothing, which I’m excited about. Since my birthday fills me with angst (and this year it’s looking to be extra angst-y) today’s list is things that made me smile for some reason.
- Speaking of my birth, my birth state is better than your birth state. Unless, of course, you are also a native Delawarean or you’re from one of the 16 other states that have passed transgender nondiscrimination legislation.
- Speaking of Much Ado About Nothing, BuzzFeed has the letter Joss Whedon sent inviting his friends to be extras. I’m so jealous that my birthday twin’s actual twin shares his birthday with Joss; no one that awesome was born on June 22.
- I’m not a big hat person and I’ve never understood why British women are so fond of (ridiculous) hats, but that won’t stop me from enjoying pictures of the hats of this year’s Royal Ascot.
- I’ve got to have something cute, right? How about this conversation between a cat and a tape measure?
- Finally, Matt Smith posted a video message for Doctor Who fans today. How hot is he now that he’s gotten rid of his hair? (No, that’s not the only thing I got from the video but, I mean, dayumn.)
And now back to my third-life crisis. But also to reading and waiting for midnight so I can post on my birthday twin’s Facebook wall. If one person is going to immediately think of her birthday at the stroke of twelve it would be me, right?