Kidding. I know it’s Friday. But I’d forgotten until, like, an hour ago. I think insomnia and the Fourth of July really messed with my head. (Insomnia update: I went to bed before midnight but didn’t fall asleep until sometime after 2 AM. But I did sleep, which is something.) Luckily for me, though, I started emailing links to myself a few months ago, so I have stuff to share.
- This was all over Twitter a few days ago but I still thought I’d share: Rob Delaney’s thoughtful piece on why he supports women’s access to safe, legal abortion.
- Similarly, this piece discusses some ways “just having the baby” is more difficult than anti-choice activists who say that women should “just have the baby” would have you believe.
- On a lighter note, they found an ancient Egyptian city in the Mediterranean. How cool is that?
- I don’t know if you guys know this or not, but I love science and I love cute baby mammals. This Jezebel post about research into why baby mammals twitch in their sleep manages to combine the two. Yay!
- I also like Rube Goldberg machines. I remember having to design one in a middle school science class. Thankfully, however, we didn’t have to build our designs. Unlike Beneful, which made a Rube Goldberg machine complete with dogs for a new commercial.
- Finally, video of a kitten being a kitten, because why not.
I think that’s all for now. Time to go try to sleep. On the plus side, I discovered some Advil PM in my kitchen this afternoon, so I can try that if need be.