- I’d like to thank Jezebel for introducing me to the concept of “summer brain.” My inability to apply myself to my job search doesn’t mean that I’m a complete loser; rather, it’s my brain’s fault.
- Did you see the Stand Up to Cancer commercial featuring the Phillie Phanatic and Mr. Met? It’s adorable (even though Mr. Met is, as always, super creepy).
- Apparently Bill Nye the Science Guy threw out the first pitch at a Mariners game a week ago. I loved his show when I was growing up.
- It looks like PBS is going to start showing reruns of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, which would be awesome. The only thing that could make it more awesome is if they started producing new episodes.
- To continue my 90s nostalgia party, Clueless is 18 years old today! I believe I’ve mentioned before how much I love that movie. Many thanks to Jezebel and ThinkProgress for bringing this very important “birthday” to my attention 🙂
- This week we have Pick Your Cuteness. Would you like to see pictures of penguin chicks, video of a firefighter rescuing a kitten from a burning home, or a second a day of a baby boy’s first year? I suggest being really bold and choosing all three.
- Does marshmallow fluff go bad? I need to know if I have to buy more before I make this sandwich. I mean, I have to buy Nutella anyway, but I don’t know if my marshmallow fluff needs to be replaced.
That is a rather random set of links, which proves that I am suffering from summer brain.