Hi, guys! Didja miss me? Let’s get to it.
- Read every day. Yes. Reading may be the only thing I’m good at. Or at least the only thing I’m good at doing consistently.
- Blog every day. Nope. Are you ready for story time? Because it’s totally story time. A bunch of stuff contributed to the sudden cessation of my blogging activities. We’ve got my weird sleep problems, which kind of got weirder. Halfway through the month I started getting tired every time I watched the Phillies; it didn’t matter if it was a day game or a night game, if the Phillies were on my TV I got tired. Tired to the point of sleep. I fell asleep during every Phillies game I watched for a while, and when I woke up disoriented on the couch after the game ended the last thing I wanted to do was blog, so I didn’t. I barely read on those nights. Right around the time the Phillies stopped acting as a sleep aid for me I came home to discover that my Internet wasn’t working. And because Bright House is the worst they had no interest in sending someone to my house at a time that was convenient for me, so I was sans Internet for a few days (the horror!). (Also, when I called Bright House I learned that they are far more concerned about my cable TV service – which I don’t pay them for directly because it’s part of my HOA fees – than my Internet service – which I do pay them for. Because that is a thing that makes sense. Fucking morons.) Apparently the physical cable into my house had been cut in not one but two places. (There are unconfirmed reports that a Fios guy was digging near my house on the day in question so I’m totally blaming Fios for this.) And at that point I was out of the habit of blogging. I thought about posting a couple of times, particularly on Fridays, but explaining my absence just felt like too much work. And eventually I resolved to do it today because of accountability and whatever 🙂
- Exercise every day. Nope. It’s a good thing I haven’t shelled out the cash for a Fitbit or something like it because my daily stats would be sooo depressing.
- Brush my teeth twice every day. Nope. Do you really think that I’d drag myself to the bathroom to brush my teeth on those nights when I fell asleep on the couch watching baseball? Please.
- Break out of my comfort zone. Kinda. I actually worked this month (a temp gig) (for two days, which is a whole ‘nother story), which is strange and new for me. I took baby steps in my job search. And I’m in the midst of a process (for lack of a better word) that requires me to (try) to break out of my comfort zone. We’ll see how that goes.
Dunno why I became obsessed with parentheses in the last bullet point, but whatever.
And before I forget, I have some good news to share on the house front. No, I didn’t sell it. But the water damage was finally fixed. So that’s something. Although I did just get the most messed up letter from the builder regarding the water damage. Apparently they have been unable to obtain my signature on some document certifying that the repairs have been completed, so unless I write them within seven days of the date of the letter they will assume it is complete. The thing is, though, that it’s no wonder that they haven’t obtained my signature on said document because they never fucking tried to obtain it. The first I heard about it was when I got the damn letter. I know I’m making a mountain out of a molehill, but I really did not appreciate the tone of the letter. Man, I should’ve listened to the little voice in my head that told me not to buy the damn house.
And that was supposed to be a positive story. Ha.