There’s even a theme and everything 🙂
- If anyone wants to buy me a gift for no reason whatsoever, may I humbly suggest any of this Jane Austen swag (particularly the Captain Wentworth t-shirt) or this Pride & Prejudice swag. (I’m not kidding about the Captain Wentworth t-shirt.)
- I’d never considered doing a reading challenge that didn’t come with a pizza bribe, but this reading bingo challenge looks like fun. And there’s even a bingo card specifically for YA, which is awesome.
- You know what’s not awesome? Book banning. Opposing Charlotte’s Web because talking animals are blasphemous?!? I can’t even… (People sure seem to spend a lot of time worrying about what is or is not offensive to God. Don’t you think God has better things to do than be offended by the talking animals in a book?)
- Confession: I haven’t read all of the New Yorker‘s profile of Jennifer Weiner yet, but I will.
- This has nothing to do with reading, but at one point in this video the polar bear cub looks exactly like one of my stuffed animals, so I’m gonna share it. (I think said stuffed animal is in my closet; I should look for it.)
- Mark Wahlberg was on Craig Ferguson’s show the other night, which led to me showing my parents this music video. The song’s been stuck in my head ever since.
Okay, the theme kind of died at the end, but 5 out of 7 is pretty good.