I friggin’ love the Internet; it’s always good for something awesome. About two hours ago I learned that today is Sherlock Day (but of course, it’s 221 after all). I thought I was pretty special in high school because I knew about Star Wars Day. And then years later I learned about Pi Day. And now I’ve learned Sherlock Day 🙂
There’s rather a lot of stuff on this week’s list, some of which carried over from last week (when I strangely chose sleep over blogging). The game is on:
- I have a new favorite Tumblr. (I’m not telling you what it is. Just click the link.)
- Which Joss Whedon heroine are you? I’m River Tam, which means I can kill you with my brain.
- ELLE Magazine knows what’s up, naming Tom Hiddleston Man of the Year. I don’t know which year, so let’s just assume it’s all the years.
- Which British villain are you? I’m Moriarty; I so wanted to be Moriarty.
- I was bummed when Roy Oswalt announced his retirement, but this post cheered me up with reminders of the good times (and one of my all-time favorite GIFs).
- I never knew that there was an out gay man playing professional baseball in the late 70s. I absolutely need to learn more about Glenn Burke. Invented the high-five! What?!?!
- These are super dated, but I’m going to share them anyway because I can: super nerdy Valentine’s Day cards. Bookmark them for next year. (That Peeta one? I die.)