Have you ever been yelled at by a 90-year-old Jewish man for putting on hand lotion? I have. Twice. (Ok, I’m actually not sure if he was mad about my use of hand lotion or hand sanitizer. And it doesn’t matter because I’m not about to stop using either.)
Here are some other things that happened while I was on blog hiatus:
- Brand New blessed us with new music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (There aren’t enough exclamation points in the world to adequately express my excitement.) I’ve even heard “Mene” on the radio twice: once on Alt Nation about a week after they released it and on Faction last Friday. I was driving back to work from lunch when I heard it on Friday. (Why should I get a long weekend for the national holiday to end all national holidays just because said holiday fell on a Saturday? My boss is such a fucking asshole.)
- I saw both Brand New and Neutral Milk Hotel (!) in concert. I had to pass up the Brand New show in St. Pete, though 😦 (I’ll get over that someday.)
- I was not emotionally prepared for the Phillies to trade Jimmy Rollins. Not at all.
- The powers that be have decided on a global release day for new music. I’m all for that, but the morons chose Friday as that day. Friday?! It’s an abomination. Everyone responsible should be tried for crimes against humanity. It starts this Friday and I don’t think I will ever get used to it.
- You know what else is an abomination? The live-action Jem movie. I saw the trailer before Pitch Perfect 2 and it fucked with my head. That is not a Jem movie; that is a movie about a teenage YouTube star wherein all the characters just so happen to have the same names as the Jem characters. (I’m still so upset about this that I won’t even link to the trailer.) Still, it might improve the market for my vintage Jem dolls.
I’m sure there are other things, but that’s all I can think of right now. Obviously there were changes in my life, too, and someday I’ll write a post about them. Today is just not that day. I will try to get better about posting.
Oh, and I still haven’t heard anything about that dream job I interviewed for. I’m trying to remain optimistic (no news is good news, right?), but it’s getting harder. I know it’s only been three weeks, but it’s been three weeks. If you have any positive vibes to send my way I would really appreciate it. Really.
Until tomorrow. (Hopefully.)